You Want Fashion With Style, Durability, And Social Responsibility.
Here's what we're doing about it:
Social & Ethical Practices
- Employment Creation: We create long-term employment opportunities that help support the livelihood of artisans. Employment in this sector is essential as it directly supports the health of the local economy and communities.
- Training: Through hands-on training, we help artisans develop the skills required to make high-quality products, a sustainable income-generating skill.
- Pay and Work Environment: We ensure fair compensation and safe working environments for all of our artisans.
- Additional Support: When needed, we provide financial aid and support to our artisans.
- Animal Friendly: We avoid the use of animal products like leather in our designs.
- Reinvesting Profits: We reinvest a portion of our profits into children's education in Kenya. We aim to create a positive community impact.
- Small Batch Production: In line with sustainable slow fashion principles, we produce small batches to never overproduce and minimize waste.
- Handmade: All of our products are handmade, meaning we produce small quantities and slowly.
- Timeless Designs: By creating high-quality and timeless pieces, we promote owning items for as long as possible and moving away from temporary trends.
- Upcycled: We upcycle sails, belts, and other materials to create beautiful new products like our sandals and bags.
- Local Materials: Wherever possible, we source local materials to support local businesses and reduce emissions.
- Natural Fabrics [Chemical-Free]: We use fabrics made from organic cotton, 100 % linen, and plant-based cotton that are biodegradable, recyclable, and provide breathable comfort.
- Future Efforts: We are continuously taking steps to become more sustainable in our practices.